September 18, 2008

What's in my Garden?

So....as I mentioned in my last entry, we've invested in a large, fairly well-kept garden (if you don't count the month Tim and I weren't here, which led to a fair amount of weeds!). One of the struggles I am having is that I don't know what most of the plants are in my garden. Soo....I went around and took pictures of some of them, and I'm going to start posting pictures, in the hope that someone may know what they are. Here goes....

Picture #1 - Small bush, about 4-5 inches tall, about 6-8 inches in diameter.

Picture #2 - This is the flowers on a large bush, consisting of lots of green leaves, sort've tree-like, probably about 4 feet tall. I feel like I should know what kind of plan this is, but I don't.

Picture # 3 - Small, fuzzy green plant. I'm wondering if it might be a poppy that has transplanted itself? Or the starts of a thistle...

Picture #4 - This guy is in the planter in my front yard. Some kind of funky ivy maybe?

Picture # 5 - Neighbour to the "funky ivy" is this mysterious green plant. I have no idea what it is, maybe if it had some flowers on it I might... :P

This is the end of round one of "What's in my Garden". Feel free to respond with what the plants are. Think of it as a fun game... :)

2 comments:

Richard Siemens said...

My guesses:

#2 - Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus)

#3 - Poppy, but it's hard with the photo. Poppies can propagate fairly prolifically, or so I've been told.

Anonymous said...

#3 definitely looks like a poppy and if it seeded itself it will be very hardy :) Have fun with your garden...it's a great place to get some fresh air and "de-stress"...luv mom.