September 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home


We've taken the plunge and relocated to Barrie and bought a house! We've actually had our house for about a month now, and have been living in it for about two weeks. I have been spending most of my time unpacking boxes, organising where things go, and working in our garden. YES we have a garden. I'm learning lots...how to prune, what are weeds and what are plants, what humus is (it's the ideal kind of soil, not to be mistaken for the chick pea mash we love!)...it's lots of fun. The neighbourhood is beautiful and our neighbors are great! Here are some pictures from around our place:

This is our house from the front. Pretty cute eh?

This is one of the many spiders that calls our yard home. We have an absurd number of spiders. I'm not sure why, but they just seem to like our house a lot. I've had a few run-ins with the spiders, and I'm sad to say I did resort to some Spider-Ban (spider killer).

Our neighbours Ralph and Donna gave us these mums. Aren't they beautiful? And this is Ed, hanging out in his new favorite spot.
The funniest part....These are our neighbours that sometimes wander into the field across the street. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Richard Siemens said...

Awesome new diggs! And the best part is that you can get milk for free! (Good luck with that :) )