July 28, 2007

Well it's been an exceedingly busy couple of weeks. Since I last posted on here, me and friends from class (Anna, Melissa and Sherri) completed our research project, on July 12th we presented our findings in our LAST DAY of class! It's exciting to be done school! :) All I have left is my clinical placement, and them I'm DONE forever!!

I've done tons and tons since then, but today I'm going to talk about Friday July 13th....my little brother Tim got married to a very sweet girl, my new sister-in-law Vanessa. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out, it was warm (but not too hot) and I have to say, it was a neat experience being on the groom's side of the family. All of the weddings I've been involved with thus far were for the bride's side, and it is SOOOOO stressful....being on the groom's side, you could just relax and take your time. I got up in the morning, went for a run, had a shower, got to go help run some errands with my mom and brother, and then we got ready for the wedding. Had some swiss chalet for lunch.....overall a very relaxing morning.

My mom (in blue) and Vanessa's mom lighting the "family candles" on the Unity candle table.

Vanessa's dad giving his daughter one last hug.... :)

Vanessa's bridesmaids - my sister Alissa is the second one in from the left

"The Kiss" - sorry it's not cropped....I'm having trouble with Picasa and currently can't do any photo editing.....so as a result you'll just have to deal with the back of Richard's head! :P

The wedding ceremony was very nice, my husband Tim was a groomsmen for my brother Tim, so I have to admit, although the bride and groom looked good, I was slightly distracted by the handsome groomsmen a little to the right. :P

There he is! Second guy in from the right.....isn't he handsome? I think so! (Again sorry about the picture, couldn't crop it because of stupid Picasa!)

After the ceremony, we went to the waterfront in Burlington for pictures. Since I wasn't in the wedding party, I was only in a few pictures, and for the rest of the time I got to take video of the wedding party and family during the picture time. There were some great moments, the groomsmen attempting to flip their canes, the bridesmaids getting picked up by the groomsmen, the mothers posing with the groomsmen......all in all, quite enjoyable!

We had dinner at the Indian Wells' Golf and Country club - we ate filet mignon, herbed chicken, beans, potatoes, salad and cream of broccoli soup (in the reverse order) as well as all sorts of yummy desserts. It was a great time, the music was nice, the company was wonderful....all in all a great evening! Congrats Tim and Vanessa!!

1 comment:

Richard Siemens said...

There is nothing wrong with my head!