July 29, 2007

Time with mom and dad

On Saturday, after Tim and Vanessa's wedding, I went home with my parent's for the week to relax and get away from the busy city.

We had a good drive home, the weather was a little wet, but otherwise, traffic was good and moving well (thank goodness we missed the 400 north traffic you get on Friday nights!) We even convinced dad to stop at the Cookstown Outlet Mall just north of Toronto, and we spent about an hour enjoying all the different stores, looking at shoes and purses and cool clothes....so much I wanted to buy! I can't wait till I'm working and can buy a pair of shoes or a purse on occasion without feeling buyer's remorse. ;) There was a Cadbury store in the Mall, and despite all the cool stores, the only thing we ended up buying was a week's supply of chocolate!!! :D

On Sunday after church we went out to the cottage, which I have to say was not anything like I remember it. My parents are in the process of re-building the cottage, and a lot of trees have been taken out as a result, and the yard is all dug up and mounded up everywhere. It was an odd feeling, I could close my eyes and clearly see our cottage as it used to be, and then I'd open my eyes, to see a completely different scene. I know the new cottage will be fun and beautiful, but I was sad to see how different it had become...sometimes we don't like change. :) The day was full of nostalgia; we went for a tour around the lake in our boat and then we went to "Blueberry Island" our favorite place to swim and camp. Me and mom even went for a swim....dad sat and watched us, not envying the slightly chilly water we were swimming in. But we had a great time! It's so nice to be able to do fun things like that. :D

The rest of the week was very fun....On Monday mom and I did some shopping, had a picnic at the waterfront. and then rode the miniature train and carousels. I wish I'd had my camera with me, it was great! We spent an afternoon at the beach on Tuesday and Wednesday Dad and I went and played 9 holes of golf with a friend of the family Len....we needed a fourth, so we were joined by a young guy, his name was Jeremy. On Thursday we headed down south to Kingston to spend the weekend with Gary and Sue (Tim's parents) at their cottage. All in all, I spent a wonderful week with Mom and dad..... :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura...we enjoyed having you home "so much". I agree that the cottage looks a bit odd right now, but hopefully it will be a great place to make "new memories". The basement footings are now in and the blocks are started....so hopefully we'll soon have a basement! Then...on to the framing :) Talk to you soon...mom and dad.