March 16, 2009

First Impressions

When Tim was here in Togo a few years ago, he was staying in a relatively small town, with about 50,000 people; içt is the kind of community where many people know each other and you are bound to see someone you know on the street on any given day. When we arrived in Accra, it was quite a different experience. Accra is a city that contains several million people. It is a loud, bustling, vibrant overwhelming city. We also visitied Kumasi, the second largest city in Ghana. Also quite large, and loud, and overwhelming; Not quite what I had anticipated.

We arrived in Kpalime (the city I ,entioned before) it was a refreshing change! It is much more my pace. And not quite so loud... :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura: It's good to get to see all the "different" landscapes within the country. I'm with you though as I think I'd much prefer the smaller cities. Hope you're enjoying every moment of the trip ..... remember you're in our prayers...luv mom.