September 18, 2007

Update

Life has been pretty hectic the past couple days. We spent two days in Vienna, one very hectic and crazy, we seemed to pack most of the activity into one day and then our second day we took it a little easier....then we caught a night train to Florence (first ever night train!). We arrived in Florence just after 6 am this morning and spent the day there. Then we caught the train to ROMA!!! So as I write this I am sitting in front of a computer in the lobby of our hostel in Rome.

Some of the experiences we've had include:
- being in a compartment on our night train to Florence with a man from Chile who only spoke Spanish, and I ended up being the interpreter
- we stayed in a dorm-style room for our two days in Vienna (as opposed to a private room), and it was fine, so we tried it again for Rome....I'll let you know how it works out
- Italy is expensive (especially anything to do with the trains or touristy stuff)
- people in Germany and Austria seem to be pretty nice (whereas our impression so far is people in Italy aren't so much....)
- Michealangelo's David is worth standing in line to see
- There are A LOT of churches in Europe
- we seem to be taking less pictures as we go along
- travelling is fun, but very exhausting (I think I'll need a week to recover when I get home!)

I'm having fun though. Please pray for continued good health and good weather.

1 comment:

Richard Siemens said...

Whoa - you are taking less pictures? Say it ain't so! How else are we going to live vicariously through you if you don't take copious amounts of photos?

Have fun and drink lots of espresso for me :)